A Bookish Adventure

I started this blog to document an extended trip to the US and UK in 2012, introducing children to my Alice-Miranda series. It's hard to believe that it's just on four years since we launched the first Alice-Miranda title - and now there are nine books out in Australia with another five still to come. When I first came up with the idea of this precocious seven and a quarter year old, I had no clue that she would take me on such an amazing journey, not only in Australia but also across the world. I visited 37 schools while we were away in 2012 and gave over 80 talks - it was fantastic. In 2013 I've been on lots of new adventures in the UK - visiting schools from London to Southampton, Lancashire, Scotland, Newcastle and back to London again. After that I headed off to meet readers in Singapore. In Australia I've been to Melbourne, Perth, Albany, Alice Springs and Brisbane. There's a new series too - about a gorgeous little girl called Clementine Rose. She and Alice-Miranda don't know each other yet, but they will soon.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Upcoming events in Adelaide

I'm really excited to be visiting Adelaide very soon.  I've never been to South Australia and Adelaide has always appealed.  While I'm there, I'll be presenting some writing workshops for public libraries, doing an interview on ABC radio and visiting bookshops; four of which I'll be doing Saturday events with over the coming month.  The primary reason for the visit is to write - courtesy of the May Gibbs' Trust.  I'm looking forward to finishing Alice-Miranda In Japan and writing Clementine Rose and the Seaside Escape as well as becoming acquainted with the city and surrounds.

If you have a keen Alice-Miranda or Clementine Rose reader I'd love to meet them on:

Saturday 20 July Dymocks Rundle Mall 1-2pm

Saturday 27 July Dillons Norwood 1-2pm

Saturday 3 August Collins Edwardstown

Saturday 10 August (National Bookshop Day) Mostly Books Mitcham 11-12

Looking forward to a fantastic time! And apologies for the poor quality of the scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment